067 The First One of 2019 - Scaling UP! H2O
My personal mission statement is: To make each day better than the last!
What are you going to do to make this year better than last year?
Here are some things that might help you coming up in 2019 in the water treatment industry:
* ASHRAE Conference (American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers) – January 14-16, 2019 | Atlanta, GA
* ABMA Conference – January 18-21, 2019 | Palm Beach Gardens, FL
* CTI Conference (Cooling Technology Institute) – February 10-12, 2019 | New Orleans, LA
* AWT Business Owners Meeting (Association of Water Technologies) – Februart 21-22, 2019 | New Orleans, LA
* AWT Technical Training (Association of Water Technologies) – February 27 – March 2, 2019 | San Diego, CA
* NACE Conference (National Association of Corrosion Engineers) – March 24-28, 2019 | Nashville, TN
* AWT Technical Training (Association of Water Technologies) – March 27-30, 2019 | Annapolis, MD
* IFMA Conference (International Facilities Management Association) – April 8 -10, 2019 | Atlanta, GA
* WQA Conference (Water Quality Association) – April 23-25 2019 | Las Vegas, NV
* Aquatech China – June 3 -5, 2019 | Shanghai, China
* AWWA Convention (American Water Works Association) – June 9-12, 2019 | Denver, Co
* IWA (International Water Association Conference) – June 10-14, 2019 | Edinburgh, UK
* BOMA International Conference (Building Owners and Managers Association) – June 22-25, 2019 | Salt Lake City, UT
* AWT Annual Convention (Association of Water Technologies) – September 11-14, 2019 | Palm Springs, CA
* IWC (International Water Conference) – November 10-14, 2019 | Orlando, FL
* Green Build 2019 (United State Green Building Council) – November 20-22, 2019 | Atlanta, GA
Each of these organizations have:
Publications, newsletters, committees you can join and certifications you can aspire to get
What can you get out of one of these organization to help you make the water treatment industry better?
Process for setting goals: (not resolutions)
Celebrate accomplishments you made last year
Revisit how you accomplished those tasks:
What did you learn?
What would you do better if you did it again (what advice would you give someone)?
What do you want to accomplish this year?
Maybe its one large item or 5 small ones
Specific : State specifically what you want to accomplish. A specific goal is distinct and defined. Who is involved? What do I want to accomplish? Where will it be done? Why am I doing this (reasons and purpose?) Which constraints and/or requirements do I have?
Measurable : How will you demonstrate and evaluate the extent to which the goal has been set? How will it start and when will you know it is finished? What are the tasks involved with this goal? How much, how many, how will I know my goal is accomplished?
Achievable : Stretch and challenge goals within your ability to achieve the desired outcome. Is the goal reasonable enough to be accomplished? How so? Make sure the goal in not out of reach or below standard performance.
Relevant : How does the goal tie into your key responsibilities, vision and overall worthwhile to your needs? Is the goal consistent with other goals you have established and fits in your immediate long term plans? Does this goal help achieve a bigger goal?
Time-Bound : Your objective should include a time limit. A finite start and end date. Set deadlines on the main goal and the intermediate tasks/goals that need to be completed in order to complete the main goal. This will create a sense of urgency and prompt you to have better time management and accountability around the goal and to your team.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Finally, what do you want Scaling UP! H2O to bring to you in 2019?
Sweeten the deal: I have decided to reward those who help me by giving away t-shirts to people who record their voices for questions on the show.
Go to http://scalinguph2o.com click on voicemail button on the right side of the page. Record your question and if I use it on the show, you will get a Scaling UP T-shirt.
Make 2019 better than 2018
Make yourself better than you were yesterday and make the water treatment industry better because you are part of it.
Have a great week folks.